We have officially rung in the new year and here at The Equiery, that means we need your 2019 photos and your 2020 calendar dates! We are doing things a bit differently this year so please read below.
Our February Awards Issue will now be dedicated exclusively to our annual Yearbook of Champions and National Award winners. Any Maryland resident, or out of state rider competing in a Maryland association series, is welcome to submit photos for consideration. This Yearbook is for Year-End Award winners, not individual show/event winners. All photos must be of riders/horses/trainers/owners that have won a year-end award through an association series. Please submit the following information to Katherine Rizzo at firstname.lastname@example.org with each photo:
- rider name
- horse name
- horse’s owner’s name (if different than rider)
- award/division title
- association giving out the award
- photographer name (please note – professional photographs must be accompanied by a release from the photographer allowing us feature the photo in print and online)
Yearbook deadline is January 10!
Our annual Show Planners Guide, now called the Maryland Equestrian Activities Calendar, has been moved to the March Issue to allow organizations more time to get us their 2020 activity dates. All activities taking place in Maryland are eligible for a free listing in the March issue. There is a small fee for out of state activities. After the March issue, we are rolling out our new and improved “Featured Events” column, which will take the place of the old “Coming Events” listings! More on that to come!
Please contact Emily Nessel at email@example.com or 410-489-7826 to add your activity to the March issue and ask her about future Featured Events listings. Calendar listings must include the following information:
- name of event
- location (facility name, town & state)
- phone number*
- email address*
(*only one form of contact info is required)
Activities Calendar deadline is February 3!
Click here for special advertising discounts for both the February and March issues.
All Participating Businesses or Organizations Receive:
- Special Recognition as a METS Horse Show or Clinic Partner.
- Print advertising in The Equiery’s new column titled Featured Events.
- Monthly digital editorial wrap-up of show results (must be provided by the 15th).
- Facebook post promoting your show or series.
- METS banner for display at the event.
- Print materials about the METS program available for attendees.
Partners anticipating a donation larger than $500 annually will receive additional print advertising benefits. Contact us to discuss opportunities.
Ways to Participate:
- Create a benefit hack or other class and donate 100% of proceeds to METS.
- Donation a portion (either flat dollar amount ex: $3/class or percentage ex: 10% of total proceeds) of your show or series proceeds to the METS.
- Clinic organizers might consider donating a percentage of auditor fees or refreshment
proceeds, holding a bake sale during the clinic, setting out a donation jar, etc.
- All ideas are welcome and creativity is encouraged!
Contact Carrie Hull at 844-MDHORSE or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.