NEW PHOTO CONTEST
Deadline Extended to July 8, 2019
Get Your Camera Ready!
The Equiery is expanding its annual Foal Photo Contest to include more than just foals this summer! We are incredibly excited about all the new possibilities and can’t wait to see your photos! Please read below for new category options and rules. The winning photo will still appear on the cover of the August issue!
- This photo contest is open to all Equiery readers.
- Submitted photos must be taken between January 1, 2019 and July 1, 2019 (time frame may be extended to full year for 2020 • July 2019 – July 2020)
- Each photographer may enter up to 2 photos per category (see category list below).
- If you are not the photographer of the photos you are submitting, please include written permission from said photographer with your entries.
- Submitted photos must have a Maryland connection, i.e. taken within the state of MD, horses owned by MDers, MD residents, etc
- All submitted photos become property of The Equiery for use in editorial and promotional material in print and online
Awards will be given for the best photograph in each category (see category list below) with additional awards for the best photograph by an Amateur, Professional and Junior (18 years old and under) photographer. The Grand Prize winning photo will be featured on the cover of the August issue. (Voting is done in-house and all entrants remain anonymous during the process.)
- Maryland Foals (born in Maryland, sired by a Maryland stallion or owned by Maryland resident)
- Equestrian Sports (must be taken at a Maryland venue and/or be of a Maryland-resident competitor)
- Horse Farm Life (general Maryland horse farm scenes and subjects)
- Portraits (of Maryland horses and/or Maryland residents)
- Equine Landmarks & History (landmarks and historical spots related to Maryland’s horse history)
Each photograph must include the following information:
- Photographer name
- Photographer contact information (phone, email, mailing address)
- Indicate if you are a Amateur, Professional or Junior photographer
- Indicate which category for each photograph submitted
- Photograph title
- Photograph description: location taken, subject name(s), date taken, any other pertinent information about the photograph
How to Enter
Entries may only be submitted digitally through email to email@example.com
All entries must be received by July 8, 2019 • Please send images at 300 dpi or larger.
If you have questions regarding this contest, please contact Katherine Rizzo at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office at 410-489-7826.