The Equiery’s PHOTO CONTEST
Deadline July 1, 2020
Get Your Camera Ready!
The Equiery’s annual photo contest is back and we can’t wait to see what you send us this year! Please read below the 2020 contest category options and rules. Once again, the winning photo will still appear on the cover of the August issue!
- This photo contest is open to all Equiery readers.
- Submitted photos must be taken between July 1, 2019 and July 1, 2020.
- Each photographer may enter up to 2 photos per category (see category list below).
- If you are not the photographer of the photos you are submitting, please include written permission from said photographer with your entries.
- Submitted photos must have a Maryland connection, i.e. taken within the state of MD, horses owned by MDers, MD residents, etc
- All submitted photos become property of The Equiery for use in future editorial and promotional material in print and online
Awards will be given for the best photograph in each category (see category list below) with additional awards for the best photograph by an Amateur, Professional and Junior (18 years old and under) photographer. The Grand Prize winning photo will be featured on the cover of the August issue. (Voting is done in-house and all entrants remain anonymous during the process.)
- Maryland Foals (born in Maryland, sired by a Maryland stallion or owned by Maryland resident)
- Equestrian Sports (must be taken at a Maryland venue and/or be of a Maryland-resident competitor)
- Horse Farm Life (general Maryland horse farm scenes and subjects)
- Portraits (of Maryland horses and/or Maryland residents)
- Black & White (any of the above categories as black & white photos – note: black and white photos are not eligible for Grand Prize August cover)
Each photograph must include the following information:
- Photographer name
- Photographer contact information (phone, email, mailing address)
- Indicate if you are a Amateur, Professional or Junior photographer
- Indicate which category for each photograph submitted
- Photograph title
- Photograph description: location taken, subject name(s), date taken, any other pertinent information about the photograph
How to Enter
Entries may only be submitted digitally through email to email@example.com
All entries must be received by July 1, 2020 • Please send images at 300 dpi or larger.
If you have questions regarding this contest, please contact Katherine Rizzo at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office at 410-489-7826.