The 2013 Lisbon Christmas Horse Parade was canceled due to the saturated ground conditions in the trailer parking areas.
But The Equiery Holiday Open House kicked on!
- Drop-off site for donation of non-perishable food items for the Howard & Carroll County Food Banks;
- Pick up for pre-ordered Wreaths (fundraiser for the Lisbon Volunteer Fire Department
- Presentation of the Maryland Horse Industry Board’s Touch of Class Award
- Waggin’ Tails Portraits will also be having an Open House;
- The Lisbon Volunteer Fire Department will still host their Fried Chicken and Country Ham Dinner at 2 p.m.
- The Equiery will still have its LIVE Vendor Gift Mart (although we will understand if some vendors decide not to come).
The 2013 Lisbon Christmas Horse Parade was going to be the biggest parade yet, with well over 600 horses (close to 120 parade entries) and over 70 sponsors! We, the Parade Committee (upon which The Equiery publisher serves), cancels the Parade. We urge the community to continue to participate in the spirit of the event by supporting our effort to raise much needed funds, during these holiday times for our community charities. All proceeds from the 2013 Parade will still be donated to to the Howard and Carroll County Food Banks and to the Lisbon Volunteer Fire Department.
However, for those horse people entered in the parade who would like a refund, you may collect your refund at The Equiery’s Open House between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. tomorrow.