Things to know!
Lisbon Horse Parade Saturday December 7!
Right now, the parade will go on, rain or shine. However, organizers will reconsider this evening and if it is to be canceled, a notice will be posted on www.lisbonchristmashorseparade.org and on www.equiery.com.
If you are coming to watch the parade, please stop by The Equiery for some holiday hospitality and to visit with our Holiday vendors (select December advertisers). We are located at 16008 Frederick Rd, Lisbon, MD 21765, and will have front row seats for the parade!
Off-The-Track Thoroughbred Survey
This is the most comprehensive survey ever done on the post-race life of Thoroughbreds bred for the track. The Thoroughbred is the most prolific breed in Maryland and it is our state horse. If you have such a Thoroughbred (and it is hard not to in Maryland), please take a few moments to fill out this survey. So far, over 3,600 horses have been included in the study. Please encourage everyone you know to participate. The survey is being conducted by the Retired Racehorse Training Project, and the results will be published in The Equiery. To participate, please click here.
December Equiery Headlines
Now available online or in a tack or feed store near you, the December Equiery includes:
- A fabulous article on Miss Patsy du Pont by Louisa Emerick
- Tons of great gift ideas!
- A guide to the latest and greatest equine books that some how tie into the Maryland equestrian community – also great gift ideas.
- An excerpt from the upcoming book “Russia and her Orlov Trotters” by Judith Robinson
- Reviews of this year’s Washington International and Fair Hill International
- Lots of fun and color photos in the 2013 Maryland Hunt Club Roster
Plus – we were once again everywhere in November! We have Out & About photos from
- Harrison Mule Days
- The Maryland Million
- Jenny Camp
- Fair Hill International Festival
- Washington International Horse Show